If you’re not sure how to position yourself within the camera frame for plank, or if your plank session ends prematurely, this guide explains how to troubleshoot these issues.
1. Your body is not fully in the camera frame.
When you plank, your entire body (head and feet, included) must be in the frame. If parts of your body are being cut off, move back 1-2ft.
Here's a good example of what it should look like:
And here are bad examples to avoid:
2. Something / someone is in the camera frame with you.
Before you plank, ensure that no other moving object/person/pet will join you in the camera frame or block the camera view. This includes not having a pet walking across your phone, or a person standing behind you, or your Roomba making a cameo appearance during your plank.
3. Other suggestions:
- Plank in a space with a less busy background, i.e. as little clutter or distraction in your background as possible. This is so that the AI can better identify your body position during your plank session.
- Tie up your hair if you have long hair.
- Do your plank in a well-lit space.
- Make sure that your plank session is not backlit (i.e. light source is not coming from behind).
- Properly set up your phone and get in frame as quickly as possible. If you need a refresher on how to set up your phone, check out the “Phone Set-up Video” in Settings.
Need more help?
Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on “Support” in Settings.